October 27, 2012

potpourii

I haven't updated in almost half a year.  Yeesh.  That is terrible blogging to be sure, but I take some comfort in not actually being a blogger, but a guy who shares pictures with an often text-heavy element in the blog format.  The big changes in my life are a new job and a new residence. 
 
My work involves collecting and reporting program outcomes for a collection of after-school centers in Minneapolis and St. Paul.  Basically, I help the grant writers and board members sleep well at night by assuring them (within a reasonable degree of accuracy) that at least 70% of youth who attend 70% of program sessions offered will demonstrate improved character, greater sense of civic pride, and a near-crippling desire to smile and make eye contact with strangers in their communities.
 
I also moved into a house in St. Paul with Sarah.  Having a home has thrown open the doors to a veritable mob of joys and anxieties, some of which I will list here in no particular order: peeing in one's own backyard by the stealthy light of moon, caulking things, engaging in earnest conversations with one's co-workers about plants, spying on neighbors, beating door-to-door solicitors with lengths of rubber hose, sitting on one's porch and staring at passers-by with an inflated sense of entitlement, bitching about property taxes, having a man-cave and being within walking distance of good coffee.
 
In any case, I have prattled on long enough. 
 
 
Lake Minnetonka: 6am
 
 
 
 
 
Some kid riding a carousel at Grand Old Days





Frankie Weaver, world's 382nd smallest Michael Jackson impersonator
 
 
 
 
 
Some diabolical figurines












 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Did I mention we got a dog?  This is Wally





Wally is best captured as a darkish blur racing across the frame





This was prettily heavily photoshopped, which is probably apparent.  I have a conflicted relationship with Photoshop, but am coming to recognize it as a sometimes necessary evil, or the occasional unqualified good.  I'm not sure which this is but I still like it.  The morning was heavy with fog, yet the trees were at maximum Fall, leaves dripping with color.
 
 
 
 
 
majestic dead white man





old church restoration off Summit Ave.

1 comment:

  1. As always your snapshots of life are a joy to peruse.

    ReplyDelete